What Conditions can Craniosacral Therapy help
- Injuries-head,spinal,whiplash and all sports injuries.
- Chronic pain
- Stress-related conditions-insomnia,fatigue,temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction(TMJ),digestive problems
- Emotional difficulties-shock,anxiety,post-traumatic stress
- Central nervous system disorders
- Motor co-ordination impairments
- Post-surgical scarring and pain
- Fibromyalgia and other connective tissue disorders
- Recurrent tonsillitis,laryngitis,pharyngitis
- Post meningitis
There are two special categories of symptoms for which it is very useful:
- Autonomic nervous system disorders
- Birth trauma
Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
The autonomic nervous system controls all involuntary functions in the body eg. breathing, heart beat, digestion. Overactivation of the section dealing with 'fight/flight' reactions, due to stress or physical dysfunction can cause the following symptoms:
- Vascular disturbances: migraines, high blood pressure, disturbances of temperature control mechanisms such as cold hands and feet.
- Visual disturbances
- Digestive disturbances-constipation,Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ulcers, liver and gall bladder dysfunctions.
- Immune system dysfunction - allergies,skin conditions, disturbances of glandular secretions.
- Cystitis-chronic, recurrent.
- Ilio-Caecal Valve Dysfunction-abdominal pain, bloating,constipation.
Compression of the baby during prolonged labour is considered to be trauma, resulting in 'shock' held into the baby's system as well as the physical compressive effects.The following symptoms results:
- Babies: poor sleep, irritability, restlessness, overactivity, excessive crying, digestive disturbances,colic, regurgitation,poor feeding.
- Young children: recurrent ear infections,throat infections, mucous congestion.
- Behavioral problemsl: head banging, forceful thumb sucking, bed wetting, tantrums, obsessional behaviour, personality disorders
- Learning Difficulties-dyslexia, dyspraxia
- Cerebral palsy
To arrange an appointment or to speak to a physiotherapist, call us on 0815701911
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
↑ Back to Top
What we treat
- Back/Neck pain
- Post whiplash injuries
- Chronic pain
- All soft tissue injuries
- Arthritic conditions
- Post fractures / dislocations
- and more...
Get in touch